Tuesday, March 4, 2014

+RonNolan, New-Human Cyborg?



 +RonNolan

 New-Human Cyborg?

I recently passed my California Drivers License eye exam WITHOUT the need for glasses or contacts for the first time in five decades thanks to the procedure of dissolving the lens in my eyes and replacing them with artificial lenses. i.e. "cataract surgery."


      Dissolving the Lens.              Inserting an Artificial Lens

+RonNolan Under the Guiding
Hand of Dr. Jason Luksich

My current distance vision is now vastly superior than at any time in my past. I have also heard a few reports of others experiencing the same enhanced vision.  (I do now for the first time use computer glasses which are quite effective but distance vision is amazing without glasses or contacts.)

So...is +RonNolan a Cyborg?

The term "Cyborg" elicits images of Captain Picard in battle with the Borg, but it may also apply to non-combat enhancements of a more benign nature. According to Wikipedia:

1  "A cyborg, short for "cybernetic organism", is a being with both organic and mechanical parts."

2. "The term cyborg is often applied to an organism that has enhanced abilities due to technology."

In "Cataracts. Contacts & Rainbows," I describe a dramatic increase in my distance visual acuity and color saturation. This and discarding a dependence upon contacts and glasses seem to satisfy the requirements of the cyborg definition.

Therefore, my conclusion is that I not only satisfy the definition of a Cyborg, but I am also a New-Human as well. New-Humans are those individuals that are preparing their minds and bodies for the forthcoming Singularity and welcome new technology enhancements to increase intelligence, health and longevity. For more information visit The New-Humans Project

Your Opinion  Should +RonNolan (and others with similar experiences and circumstances) be classified as Cyborgs?"

The poll on the right updates in real time and requires no registration.

Ron S. Nolan, Ph.D.



My Eye Care Gurus

Jason Luksich, M.D.
Palo Alto Medical Foundation 
2025 Soquel Avenue 
Santa Cruz, California 95062

Dr. David Farberow
Plaza Lane Optometry
1537 Pacific Ave., Suite 100
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
 831-429-2020

No comments:

Post a Comment